Now - November 15, 2009
Your Choice: Morbookly Obese
I'm committing to the Mor-book-ly Obese option. (A chunkster is 450 pages or more of ADULT literature (fiction or nonfiction) The challenge is between now and November 15, 2009.
Books I am strongly considering:
Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes
Daniel Deronda by George Eliot
Cecilia by Fanny Burney
The Way We Live Now by Anthony Trollope
Books I'm timidly but stubbornly considering:
War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy, translated by Richard Pevear
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy, translated by Richard Pevear
Clarissa by Samuel Richardson
Tom Jones by Henry Fielding
I may add different books--I'll have to check the page count on other classics I'm reading this year.
The books I actually read:
1. Don Quixote by Miguel de Cervantes
2. Middlemarch by George Eliot
3. Barchester Towers by Anthony Trollope
4. A Thread of Grace by Mary Doria Russell
5. A Monster's Notes by Laurie Sheck.
6. The Greatest Knight by Elizabeth Chadwick
7. The Secret Diaries of Charlotte Bronte. Syrie James.
8. To Say Nothing of the Dog. Connie Willis.
9. The 19th Wife by David Ebershoff.
10. The Bone Doll's Twin by Lynn Flewelling.
11. The Traitor's Wife by Susan Higginbotham.
12. Nefertiti by Michelle Moran.
For this level of challenge you must commit to 6 or more chunksters OR three tomes of 750 pages or more. You know you want to.....go on and give in to your cravings.