Thursday, June 25, 2009

Everything Austen Challenge

Stephanie's Written Word is hosting the Everything Austen Challenge.
July 1, 2009 through January 1, 2010
Six months. Six Austen-themed "things."
I'll be reviewing everything at Becky's Book Reviews

What I read/watch:

1. Mr. Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange
4. Pride and Prejudice (DVD) (1940)
5. Pride and Prejudice (DVD) (1980)
6. Pride and Prometheus (novella) (2008) by John Kessel

Everything Austen X Two. Austenprose.

7. Lady Susan by Jane Austen
8. Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler
9. A Match for Miss Mary Bennet by Eucharista Ward OSF
10. Colonel Brandon's Diary by Amanda Grange
11. Willoughby's Return by Jane Odiwe
12. The Other Mr. Darcy by Monica Fairview

What I *know* I'll be reading:

  • Mr. Darcy, Vampyre by Amanda Grange
  • The Plight of the Darcy Brothers: Pride and Prejudice Continues: A Tale of the Darcys and the Bingleys by Marsha Altman
  • The Other Mr. Darcy by Monica Fairview
  • A Match for Mary Bennet by Eucharista Ward O.S.F.
  • Prada and Prejudice by Mandy Hubbard

What I'm *considering* reading:

Pemberley by the Sea by Abigail Reynolds
Eliza's Daughter by Joan Aiken

I *might* read Northanger Abbey in graphic novel form.
I *might* read Mansfield Park by Jane Austen. (It's the only novel I haven't read recently.) I have read (and blogged about) Emma, Pride and Prejudice, Sense & Sensibility, Northanger Abbey, and Persuasion.


I may watch several Austen films as well. I'm not sure yet.

Books to consider:

(Library/On Order) Rude Awakenings of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler
(Library) By A Lady: Being the Adventures of An Enlightened American in Jane Austen's England by Amanda Elyot
(Library) The Jane Austen Book Club by Karen Joy Fowler
(Library) Confessions of a Jane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler



2 comments:

  1. There is a graphic novel form of Northanger Abbey? I had no idea!! Thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too didn't know that Austen's works are available in graphic format. I guess it'll be fun reading them tht way

    ReplyDelete