Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summer Studies Mini-Challenge


Operation Actually: Summer Studies Mini-Challenge

Host: Operation Actually Read Bible

Duration of the Challenge: June 1, 2009 - September 7, 2009

Description of the Challenge: Participants will choose one gospel (Matthew, Mark, Luke, John) to study for the summer.

I'm planning on studying Luke. Which surprises me. But it's a good surprise, I think. I had planned on studying John. But in some ways, John would have been a less challenging choice for me. I know John. I love John. I crave John. I need no motivation to spend time with John. Out of the four gospels, it is the one I know best and love most. So I thought I would challenge myself to go the road less traveled, if you will. :)

I plan on reading Luke in at least two different translations. (Maybe three translations. But no promises.)

I also plan on listening to Alistair Begg's Gospel According to Luke sermon series. It's eleven volumes.Which is daunting to say the very least. But I love Alistair Begg, so maybe that will be motivation enough!

I plan on updating this post throughout the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment