Trish of Hey Lady fame is hosting the O.A.T.E.S Reading Challenge in 2010.
O – Joyce Carol Oates
A – Margaret Atwood
T – Leo Tolstoy
E – Ernest Hemingway
S – John Steinbeck
Here’s the rules/details:
- The challenge goes from January 1, 2010 through December 31, 2010.
- Anyone can participate! You do not need a blog!
- Challenge books can overlap with other challenges.
- You do not need to pick your books in advance.
- You can change levels mid-challenge!
- Instant OATES – 1 book
- Old Fashioned OATES – 2 books
- Rolled OATES – 3 books
- Steel Cut OATES – 4 books
- Whole OATES – 5+ books
I *will* be making substitutions. Ernest Hemingway must, must go! So George Eliot may be added to the list in his place. Other substitutions may or may not happen. We'll see.