Saturday, January 23, 2010

You've Got Mail (1998)


You've Got Mail (1998)

Stars Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan, etc.

I haven't seen this one probably in a decade. It's been so long in fact that parts of it felt new to me. Of course, I was familiar with the premise. You can watch the trailer here. What I couldn't have known the first time through is how similar it is to another movie. In The Good Old Summertime (1949). Both films are about couples who can't stand each other (in person) at least not at first. But who connect (seem oh-so-made-for-each-other) by correspondence...when they don't know who they're really writing to. There were a couple of scenes actually that seemed so similar I was curious if perhaps You've Got Mail was meant to be an update of sorts. Anyway, I liked this romantic comedy.







Here's a clip from "In The Good Old Summertime"




No comments:

Post a Comment