Sunday, March 28, 2010

Blogging Whys

Do you have any tips on how to stay motivated? Or tips on how to lessen the blogger blues?

One way I keep myself excited about blogging is by playing around with blog design. I don't plan on changing the look of Becky's Book Reviews any time soon, mind you. Because I'm still happy with this design, this template, this layout. But oh the process it took to get there. It was something! Especially with the header!

But Becky's Book Reviews isn't my only blog. And oh how I've enjoyed playing around (lately) with Young Readers, Operation Actually Read Bible, and this blog, Behind the Scenes. I think redesigning (for me) is a therapeutic way for me to cope. Almost like shopping. But much much cheaper! You can redesign your blog for free as many times as you like until you feel just right about it again!

Here are a few places to go on the web if you do want to play around with your blog's look.

Many do ask that your template be minima (either blogger's minima or one of the three column minima templates you can find if you look). But sometimes other templates do work with these. You just have to experiment.

I also like blogger's new template designer. You can easily change your layout in the new template designer. Choose just how many columns you want (and where you want them). It removes some of the dirty work. You don't have to worry about losing widgets and gadgets and items in your sidebar! You can see the end result without commitment! The preview box lets you know exactly what it will look like. But nothing is final until you hit "apply to blog."

The only downside that I've noticed (so far) is that these new templates aren't viewable in older browsers. Your blog is still viewable. It's just very white.



and



Do you have any tips you'd like to share?! Leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment