Thursday, March 25, 2010

BTT: Reading Breaks?

btt button

Do you take breaks while reading a book? Or read it straight through? (And, by breaks, I don’t mean sleeping, eating and going to work; I mean putting it aside for a time while you read something else.)

It depends. Sometimes it's in a book's favor for me to take a break, sometimes it isn't.

I read more than one book at a time. I don't pretend otherwise.

For example, right now:

The Lost Conspiracy by Frances Hardinge (library book) (MG)
You Are So Undead To Me by Stacey Jay (library book) (YA)
North and South by Elizabeth Gaskell (classic)
Catching Fire (YA)

In the almost-reading-but-not quite pile:

One Crazy Summer by Rita Williams-Garcia
Love Finds You in Homestead, Iowa by Melanie Dobson
Venetia by Georgette Heyer

Sometimes I take a break because another story has grabbed me more. Sometimes I take a break because another book is "due" soon. (Blog tours. Library Books.) Sometimes I'm just not clicking with a book. Other times I'm just too ambitious. I start ten books in two or three days and can't keep up that pace!

3 comments:

  1. I read one book at a time and in one sitting. Here's mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm guilty of that, too - sometimes I'll start a dozen or so all at one time, and then just have to cut back. Usually happens when I've just come home from the library with all those new and just too tempting books to read.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jlshall, me too! I come home with a stack and have to start reading in them all. That is I have to read a page or two in each one to see how they are! I usually pick which one to read first that way.

    ReplyDelete