Friday, May 28, 2010

Summer Reading Challenge 2010


Start Date June 21, 2010
End Date September 21, 2010
Host: A Southern Daydreamer Reads

My list of books:


Emma and the Vampires by Wayne Josephson and Jane Austen

Emma Woodhouse--handsome, clever, and rich, with a comfortable home and happy disposition--had lived nearly twenty-one years in the world with very little to distress her. Until the vampire attacks began.

Insatiable by Meg Cabot
It was a miracle.
Meena hurried onto the subway car and grabbed hold of one of the gleaming silver poles, hardly daring to believe her good fortune.


The Secret Confessions of Anne Shakespeare
by Arliss Ryan

"Granny! Gran, look what has come for you!"
With the greatest effort I lift my eyelids; each one seems weighted with a stone. I peer through the rheumy blur to find Lizbeth's face, anxious as always at my fast-failing health. How fortunate I am, as I lie here dying in my second-best bed, to have one sweet soul, this dear granddaughter, to care for and comfort me. It almost makes up for the pain, the gnawing aches in my joints and toothless sockets, the useless hip that confines me to my mattress and piss pot. I lick my chapped lips and twitch my mouth to smile for the pretty childe. Oh, to be dead, to be dead. Have I not lived long enough, sixty-seven years in this year of our Lord 1623, to have earned my eternal rest?
Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy. Translated by Richard Pevear and Larissa Volokhonsky.

All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way.

Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen

It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife.
The books I read:

1.
2.
3.
4.
5.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Becky! Making the rounds...stopped in to say hi! Looks like a great list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you've got agood start going
    Helen

    ReplyDelete