Thursday, June 24, 2010

Summer Break Reading Challenge #1 (Goals)

Summer Break Reading Challenge

Karin is hosting the Summer Reading Break Challenge. The first activity is for participants to share their reading goals.

I don't necessarily have a list of books I'd like to read. If I were to list every book I'd like to read this summer--every book that it is likely that I'll read this summer--then I could spend hours with this post.

I do have several goals I'd like to share.

1) I'd like to read as many 2010 titles as I can during the summer. Specifically I'd like to focus on new MG and YA releases. So maybe to make that goal more measurable, I could say I'd like to read 50 2010 books in July and August.

2) I'd like to read some classics. Yes, I know I want to read new books. But I don't want to do that at the cost of not reading classics. I love Georgette Heyer and Anthony Trollope and I'd really love to read Charles Dickens a second chance. So perhaps, my goal is to read four classics in July and August.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, 54 books during July and August? You are amazing! I wish you luck.

    ReplyDelete